Random Stuff in my Collection

Monday, June 14, 2021

Whatcha Doin'?

 If you read the title of today's post in the voice of Isabella from Phineas & Ferb, then you get 1,000,000 bonus points, but I digress.

To answer the question, I can say I haven't been writing or reading much. I did read through the Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition core book PDF from Evil Beagle Games - and I liked what I read. It was actually the first RPG book I've read all the way through in ... well, a few years probably since the new edition of Savage Worlds came out. Before that, I can't even remember a new RPG I read all the way through.

No, I've been doing other things, up to and including painting up some miniatures.



One thing this pandemic did was give me some time to get back into painting (and writing, and reading, etc.), and starting about this time last year, I was churning out painted miniatures by a handful a day. One thing I was able to do was work and paint at the same time, more or less. I started making my way through the loose miniatures I had - a bunch of wild west minis I'd had for over a decade.

This was compounded by me getting a 3-d resin printer last year for Father's Day. I was a printing and painting machine for about seven or eight months, until I got a promotion at work and my duties changed. I don't paint as much any more, and haven't done it in several weeks. I got back to it over this last weekend.

I mentioned that I started painting those loose minis that I would normally use for Deadlands, but when those ran out, I went into the copious amount of miniatures that I have in my board game collection. I made it about half-way through all those minis before my promotion, and I've gotten/printed more minis since then.


Over the weekend, I got around to painting four minis, and started on a few others. I printed and painted up a Juggernaut and Hulk, scaled for use in the quite fun Marvel Crisis Protocol game. I have several minis from that line now, and while expensive, they're a lot of fun to paint up. In that same vein, I painted the Ultron miniature from the core set. The other mini I got around to painting was the Alien Queen from Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps.

Now, probably the most complex mini I painted was Juggernaut, the others were pretty basic, but I like what I ended up with, for the most part.

I don't have any "formal training" in painting miniatures. I just kind of figured it out. By no means am I a great painter, but I get by, and I have a handful of minis that I've painted that I'm really quite proud of.

In progress would be another Hulk (gray this time), Spider-Man, some bits of the Marvel Crisis Protocol game, and a few others that I can't quite remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps

Sorry for the long silence - things have been busy lately. My family is in Tucson for the next month and I went out to visit for the 4th of ...